Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Server Website Map Improvements

Server Website Map Improvements

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Server Website Map Improvements

Postby Phidiaz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Going through the server map on the main website, I've realized how hard it is to locate a certain coordinate or even a specific city. I'm suggesting, for better convenience, to either add some sort of system where you can type in the coords and it'll take you there, like Google Earth. And for cities themselves, any of them with at least tier 1 should have a city icon on it (/warp cities could probably use another icon too) and be listed somewhere on the map, so people can click it and the map will zoom into that city.

These are just suggestions but I think that they'll be really useful when trying to locate things. I hope that those with the ability to edit the map system will read this and implement it, because manually looking for locations can take a long time.

Thanks,
Phidiaz

Re: Server Website Map Improvements

Postby ~Ben » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:24 pm

We don't have the ability to edit the map plugin to be able to type in the coordinates like Google earth or make it zoom in when you click things. Though it's not that hard just to follow the coordinates to the location as the map isn't that big. Currently, cities with a larger tier get to have an icon. If we were to allow all 150+ cities have an icon, it would be too difficult to find the cities that you're really looking for. Government cities already have icons
3 people like this post.

Re: Server Website Map Improvements

Postby KoolKid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 am

nice ideas