Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Trade Signs

Trade Signs

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Trade Signs

Postby Marc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Hey

Based on this suggestion, trading items are now possible through a sign. Making the signs are fairly simple, but take a bit of understanding.

These signs can be used to trade money for something, however its suggested that you use chestshop for that as they both do the same thing. The major purpose of enabling trade signs is to trade items for items. Only drawback is the fact that you cannot do it with custom items unfortunately. Shouldn't be an issue though. :P

No chests are required to make the sign.

In order to make the signs you can follow this template:

#FIRST LINE - [Trade]
#SECOND LINE - [AMOUNT][ITEM] <----------------------------- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO GAIN FROM THE PLAYER
#THIRD LINE - [AMOUNT][ITEM]:[STOCK] <--------------------------- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO GIVE TO THE PLAYER

*** IF CORRECT - TRADE SIGN WILL LIGHT UP BLUE AND NAME WILL DISPLAY ON FOURTH LINE ***

EXAMPLE:

In this case, I am giving away 10 cobble for 10 dirt. The colon next to the cobble represents how much is inside the virtual chest that doesn't exist. In this case I inserted 10 cobble in there right now. If I bring more cobble and right click while holding it, that number will increase, thus increasing your stock.

Now the :0 next to the dirt sign for example represents the amount players have given you. In this case, nobody sold me any dirt yet, therefore nothing has been traded. However, if someone does trade with me, that number will increase. Simply right clicking the sign while having spots in your inventory will give you the items that someone traded with you.

Item-Ids:
Item names can be fairly long, however you can use the command /itemdb while holding the item to get a list of shorter names that will work for the items you want to trade. You can also use ids, but it doesn't seem to set the name automatically like chestshop so using /itemdb may be beneficial to you in order for players to see what items you are trading.

EXAMPLE:

Otherwise you must go to that sign to restock and collect the items you have traded.

Please let me know here if you have any concerns and I'll try to assist!
13 people like this post.

Admin marc050301

“This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours"

- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson - Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Standing up in the Milky Way

Re: Trade Signs

Postby ~Baz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 pm

thx marcc
~ManoMan likes this post.

Postby ᴘʀɪᴠᴀᴛᴇ ᴄʀɪᴘᴘʟᴇᴅ » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:30 pm

looks good :D

Some random Quotes:

"Grief is the price we pay for love." - Queen Elizabeth II
"Time flies by with a horrible quickness..." - Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna Romanova.
“Get busy living or get busy dying.” - Stephen King

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Can you take a screenshot while you are making the sign and post it here :D? Having a little trouble formating the sign it seems... :(

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby Jaspacce » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:27 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:Can you take a screenshot while you are making the sign and post it here :D? Having a little trouble formating the sign it seems... :(

So, this is for trading dirt and netherrack.

[trade]
1 dirt
1 netherrack:1
(will auto fill in after)

*Thanks TrumpVoter for helping me!
registered player since july 2015

Postby Tesseract » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:37 pm

Jaspacce wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:Can you take a screenshot while you are making the sign and post it here :D? Having a little trouble formating the sign it seems... :(

So, this is for trading dirt and netherrack.

[trade]
1 dirt
1 netherrack:1
(will auto fill in after)

*Thanks TrumpVoter for helping me!

When creating the sign, do you need to put in the stock number?
Dylad likes this post.
"Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole." - ~Ryan

"Ask not what your server can do for you - ask what you can do for your server." - Filipendulous

Postby fbo6 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:44 pm

I am waiting till someone makes like a trade place (like /warp jobs) where you can rent trade signs out..
-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

Postby Tesseract » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 pm

You can't do a this on the third line :( :
24 quartz:stock
There's not enough space :P
"Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole." - ~Ryan

"Ask not what your server can do for you - ask what you can do for your server." - Filipendulous

Postby Marc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 am

It shows the same as if it was on the sign now. In my case, I needed to make sure that I had at least 10 cobblestone in my inventory since I filled in 10 in the stock (:10). Also you want to omit the ":0" where the dirt is as it will do it automatically.

Excel - TideBot wrote:]
When creating the sign, do you need to put in the stock number?

I tried to put 0 for it, but it seems to require a number more than 0 to get it started on the line for what you want to give away; (I'm assuming to ensure its not emptied at first). If you find another way to omit that, then sure.

Excel - TideBot wrote:You can't do a this on the third line :( :
24 quartz:stock
There's not enough space :P

You put a number for stock. Don't write the word stock :P. If an item-id is too long use /itemdb while holding the item you want to sell, and it will give you shorter names you can use.
2 people like this post.

Admin marc050301

“This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours"

- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson - Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Standing up in the Milky Way

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 am

:O Custom block currencies can work now without the need for the seller being there! ArcCoin here I come!
Inactive Since Oct. 2018 - Discord: LukeTheHat#5318

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen (Credited as Steve Jobs)

Next