Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion [Poll] Languages and diversity

[Poll] Languages and diversity

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

What is your native language?

English
61%
Español
3%
italiano
No votes
Ελληνικά
No votes
Deutsch
1%
Portugues
1%
русский
1%
中國
7%
ไทย
No votes
other
24%

Total votes : 67

[Poll] Languages and diversity

Postby taloju » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 pm

For some time I have been thinking that in HM there is an element that nobody has taken advantage of: diversity.
In HM there is a great diversity of languages, cultures and origins.
From Americans, British and Australians to Chileans, Greeks and Russians.
That's why I want to give a suggestion, but not to the staff, but to the users that play every day on this wonderful server. The idea is that we take advantage of diversity, for example, by making theme cities suited to the language.
For my part, I am going to put all the names of streets, signs and signs in Greek, since my city has as its theme "ancient Greece".
I am also interested in knowing which are the most spoken languages ​​of the server, to take advantage of that and do more inclusive things.
Imagine cities in other languages, the "Europe" of gbt with everything written in French, the Puerto Cancun hands with everything written in Spanish, it would be really fantastic.
I want to make clear, that this proposal does not prevent the presence of English, I only look for all languages ​​to coexist peacefully making a more diverse HM.
They recall that in real life the presence of varied languages ​​is a fundamental element of different cultures, part of having a "realistic" server is the diversity of languages.
Medno likes this post.
Taloju

Owner of the city of Ancient Greece

CEO of Flunited Corporation

Rector and teacher of International Archendale University

7 years of experience in minecraft

Re: [Poll] Languages and diversity

Postby Cacti - Socyu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:29 pm

you forgot "Nederlands" (dutch) i know a lot of ppl that speak dutch on this server
4 people like this post.
Go ocelot warriors!

Contact(discord): Socyu#1075

Postby KyleDaForumPolice » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:33 pm

My native language is actually Hindi, but I can't speak it lol.

I can sorta follow a conversation, but I don't know any grammar so I can't really speak it.
~Kyle
    CEO and Owner of Kabeer Designs
    Owner of Dubai
    Total newb
    Forum cop
    Horse

"Should we not jump off this cliff?" - Kyle 2017
"Pfft Nah"- Jenica 2017
RIP Jenica and Kyle 2017

Postby Mr. infected_eye » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm dutch wich alot of people are in this server :D. But our country has 2 actual languages: fries and normal dutch and i could speak fries very well but i kinda forgot alot of words :(

Postby Cacti - Socyu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Mr. infected_eye wrote:I'm dutch wich alot of people are in this server :D. But our country has 2 actual languages: fries and normal dutch and i could speak fries very well but i kinda forgot alot of words :(

If you would write down all the official languages of the netherlands (dutch, frisian and papiamento) it wouldnt make ppls like Mr. infected_eye left out

+ you forgot Français (French)
Go ocelot warriors!

Contact(discord): Socyu#1075

Postby Sweg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:03 pm

taloju wrote:For some time I have been thinking that in HM there is an element that nobody has taken advantage of: diversity.
In HM there is a great diversity of languages, cultures and origins.
From Americans, British and Australians to Chileans, Greeks and Russians.
That's why I want to give a suggestion, but not to the staff, but to the users that play every day on this wonderful server. The idea is that we take advantage of diversity, for example, by making theme cities suited to the language.
For my part, I am going to put all the names of streets, signs and signs in Greek, since my city has as its theme "ancient Greece".
I am also interested in knowing which are the most spoken languages ​​of the server, to take advantage of that and do more inclusive things.
Imagine cities in other languages, the "Europe" of gbt with everything written in French, the Puerto Cancun hands with everything written in Spanish, it would be really fantastic.
I want to make clear, that this proposal does not prevent the presence of English, I only look for all languages ​​to coexist peacefully making a more diverse HM.
They recall that in real life the presence of varied languages ​​is a fundamental element of different cultures, part of having a "realistic" server is the diversity of languages.

Welp i know enough Spanish to get by
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Why cant I select multiple languages?
Mob maker since October 2017

Postby taloju » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:Why cant I select multiple languages?

The idea is to know the native language, or the one you speak best, I imagine that everyone has one that speaks better than others.
Taloju

Postby SenseiSoni » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm

I know quite a few people here speak Hindi, as KyleDaForumPolice mentioned. Hindi is my first language and I can read, write, speak and listen in Hindi fluently.

SenseiSoni
Proud Mayor of Sunville
Networth > F5million
SNC Co-Founder

Postby taloju » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Bump
Taloju