Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion A New Player’s perspective on the Server

A New Player’s perspective on the Server

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

A New Player’s perspective on the Server

Postby SparkMaster360 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 am

Hi everyone!
I joined the server about 2 months ago and in that time many things have happened mainly consisting on why “HM is dying”. So I would look to give my perspective on the server.

The Problem
I feel that the main problem is that there isn’t much motivation to stay. You do the same thing over and over. You mine, sell, buy a plot, build something (probably a shop or apartment building) and repeat. The ultimate goal and dream of a new player is to be the owner of a city but creating “noob cities” is frowned upon. There is a very small middle class and they can’t do too much about it. They can stay. But for what? To own a mega corporation? To own a city? But to do those things you need money. And to make money you need to mine. Why should anyone shop at your back row Solaris City) plot and not at some super easy to get to GNSR type store. (No offense to owner of these types of stores) So then what? Mine? Let’s be honest, mining, with an iron pickaxe, isn’t that fun. The new players buy from the rich, sell to the government and repeat.

The Solution
I feel that the solution is simple. But has a few parts to it. Part A - reserve some good plots (front or second row) for new players. I feel that the price of plots are good and feasible but as I said, why should players walk to a back row plot? This would be simple to implement and I feel if it’s made well known a lot more new players would stay. Part B - Create some more jobs other than mining. Mining is dull. So create fun jobs! I remember a post about custom jobs and I really like the idea! Also veterans can help and create some decent paying jobs for new players. You don’t need to pay that much! (250F is good money for a new player) but if you give them the opportunity they will take it. I. Thank you to anyone who reads it and I hope everyone will at least consider or provide some constructive criticism to what I said. Best Regards ~ SparkMaster360
8 people like this post.

Re: A New Player’s perspective on the Server

Postby ~Hunter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:10 am

I feel like this server has turned into a tycoon, all about making money and upgrading what you have to make more money.
9 people like this post.
Orbit Industries- "The Future is in Our Hands"
Networth of ~Hunter: 1,100,000
"Hold on, to the memories they will hold on to you." - Taylor Swift

Postby Dylad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:37 am

~Hunter wrote:I feel like this server has turned into a tycoon, all about making money and upgrading what you have to make more money.

More events would help, I'll be making a massive stadium soon to help out with that :D

Postby nightemperor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 am

Why should anyone shop at your back row Solaris City plot and not at some super easy to get to GNSR type store.
Yup, this. Which is why I despise warps and frowned upon the opening of cb.
SparkMaster360 likes this post.
Owner of Teslo Incorporated & Creator of Hellominers Guide ( https://HMguide.info )
Also known as ~Lucifer, yes you should fear me
[14:02:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Santa> how about not be a hobo and buy a decent computer

Postby Laccase » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm

~Hunter wrote:I feel like this server has turned into a tycoon, all about making money and upgrading what you have to make more money.

Well, the first staff members wanted the server to be a tycoon right after it transitioned from a factions server. Nothing wrong with it.

Postby Laccase » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 pm

SparkMaster360 wrote:Hi everyone!
I joined the server about 2 months ago and in that time many things have happened mainly consisting on why “HM is dying”. So I would look to give my perspective on the server.

The Problem
I feel that the main problem is that there isn’t much motivation to stay. You do the same thing over and over. You mine, sell, buy a plot, build something (probably a shop or apartment building) and repeat. The ultimate goal and dream of a new player is to be the owner of a city but creating “noob cities” is frowned upon. There is a very small middle class and they can’t do too much about it. They can stay. But for what? To own a mega corporation? To own a city? But to do those things you need money. And to make money you need to mine. Why should anyone shop at your back row Solaris City) plot and not at some super easy to get to GNSR type store. (No offense to owner of these types of stores) So then what? Mine? Let’s be honest, mining, with an iron pickaxe, isn’t that fun. The new players buy from the rich, sell to the government and repeat.

The Solution
I feel that the solution is simple. But has a few parts to it. Part A - reserve some good plots (front or second row) for new players. I feel that the price of plots are good and feasible but as I said, why should players walk to a back row plot? This would be simple to implement and I feel if it’s made well known a lot more new players would stay. Part B - Create some more jobs other than mining. Mining is dull. So create fun jobs! I remember a post about custom jobs and I really like the idea! Also veterans can help and create some decent paying jobs for new players. You don’t need to pay that much! (250F is good money for a new player) but if you give them the opportunity they will take it. I. Thank you to anyone who reads it and I hope everyone will at least consider or provide some constructive criticism to what I said. Best Regards ~ SparkMaster360

Tbh, reserving front row plots for new players would just be plain rude to the experienced players that have saved up all their money for a plot. In CB, there is a 2 plots per person rule, so you should be able to afford one.

However, I do agree with you about the jobs. During the summer, people made a lot of money mining obsidian, until they reduced the price to 1.5F per block. If HM is doing a gov job facility, then the sell prices have to be generous in order to keep new players staying. Also, maybe double the size of the PM?

Finally, voting should come with bigger rewards than 125F per day. Yes, 125F can get someone an apartment, but not much else. I have a poll on voting right here: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=26534

Also, I was wondering if Tedde will add another server to the list that would be a HM Skyblock or HM Factions spin-off, for people that don't want the extreme tycoon aspect.

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:17 pm

I think HelloMiners has become more of a tycoon, I definitely agree, all I ever did was mine - sell - buy - repeat.
SparkMaster360 likes this post.
Inactive from 15th of November, 2017. Player since January of 2016

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Laccase wrote:

The Problem

The Solution

Tbh, reserving front row plots for new players would just be plain rude to the experienced players that have saved up all their money for a plot. In CB, there is a 2 plots per person rule, so you should be able to afford one.

However, I do agree with you about the jobs. During the summer, people made a lot of money mining obsidian, until they reduced the price to 1.5F per block. If HM is doing a gov job facility, then the sell prices have to be generous in order to keep new players staying. Also, maybe double the size of the PM?

Finally, voting should come with bigger rewards than 125F per day. Yes, 125F can get someone an apartment, but not much else. I have a poll on voting right here: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=26534

Also, I was wondering if Tedde will add another server to the list that would be a HM Skyblock or HM Factions spin-off, for people that don't want the extreme tycoon aspect.

Alexa, if you add "Tbh" at the start of a paragraph, it's not a good idea. I know it's just "plain rude" to the rich players but when I started I couldn't afford anything because of corporate greed so the first 2 houses I lived in were from room mates.
Inactive from 15th of November, 2017. Player since January of 2016

Postby Laccase » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:46 pm

xX_LukePlayz_Xx wrote:
Laccase wrote:

The Problem

The Solution

Alexa, if you add "Tbh" at the start of a paragraph, it's not a good idea. I know it's just "plain rude" to the rich players but when I started I couldn't afford anything because of corporate greed so the first 2 houses I lived in were from room mates.

Uh, there are no corporations on the server. Even the big ones like GSNR don't receive any money/free stuff from the government.

Also, you're saying that new players should receive front row plots for free? :|
~Foxy likes this post.

Postby SparkMaster360 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Um no. I said specifically that the current price is for plots is good. (2000-4000F)

Also I know that stores like GNSR don’t recieve free mone from the government but stores like that are owned by players who have been on for a while and have easy ways to get money.

Next