Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements [OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

[OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Re: [OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

Postby CudleyNubles » Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 am

~Doodle wrote:
CudleyNubles wrote:
UnboxingGold wrote:ok but where does the 50k go to is it going to the government and u are representing them or is it just going to you ? and if someone forfeits it do u get to keep the money ? if someone pays a 12.5k entry fee where does that money go to? I think more needs to be broken down before people start handing over 50k

Please first read the information I provided about the deposit where it literally specifically states

The deposit section in the post wrote:-All the money from the deposit which the league takes will be reinvested into the league and eventually come back to you. This season we plan to have further than a top 3 prize.

I think the question is, is this an event funded and overseen by gov or is it a private event hosted by yourself?

Its the same OQIL it has been in the past. Right now we are discussing funding with the government. Ive only started the process right now so we are not wasting time.

Postby UnboxingGold » Fri May 22, 2020 2:47 pm

There's no way you need all that money to run a game thats pretty cheap just pass the operating costs to the teams running a game just seems like you want to make money off of this
people I don't suggest anyone doing this waste of money
if you want player retention have the government host this and make a prize for the winning team like a bracket system
~Doodle likes this post.

Postby MrPumpcan » Fri May 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Palm Shores Event Center would love to host a game :D
Companies/Citys I Own
Pumpcan Corp
Cookiemon
Palm Shores
Dove Valley City
Net Worth 400K+
#I'mWithBeta - Spread the hashtag.

Postby CudleyNubles » Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm

UnboxingGold wrote:There's no way you need all that money to run a game thats pretty cheap just pass the operating costs to the teams running a game just seems like you want to make money off of this
people I don't suggest anyone doing this waste of money
if you want player retention have the government host this and make a prize for the winning team like a bracket system

Look if you don't understand Ironball don't talk. But please I ask you not to comment further on this topic. Clearly you have no interest in doing anything others create problems due to your personal dislike against me. The reason the deposit is in place is to guarantee that teams actually come to their games. In almost every single past season we have had crappy attendance because teams think it's optional to come to their games. In reality there are no operating costs with the league because Jacy and I are running it for free providing our resources. BUT in order for there to be any winnings we need to guarantee that teams actually come to the games so that it's a fair contest, unlike last year where there were only 2 active teams that pretty much just played a final. If you guys don't understand the basic economics still message me on discord or talk to me in-game as suggesting to people not to commit in a government-sponsored event which you aren't even participating in or ever have is seriously a dick move.

Postby CudleyNubles » Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Just to let you guys the first tournament/season that's going to take place is a 2v2 season. So you guys don't need that many people right now!

Postby UnboxingGold » Sat May 23, 2020 2:46 am

I’m actually pretty familiar with iron ball I was around when it was first introduced and have build and overseen many stadiums that can hold it today if you are so transparent about this why not do a 10-15k deposit and don’t take a cut of any of the money ? Or if you want to make a winning pot take like 4-5k out of the deposit and pool it all together but clearly state that in the top and have players fund the operating costs like eggs and sticks

You asking people 50k then taking over 10k per team to play is not ok and I don’t advise anyone to do that

Saying it’s for player retention makes no sense charging people 50k and taking it hostage isn’t good if people don’t want to play they shouldn’t sign up in the first place

You don’t own the stadiums across the map and mats are cheap doesn’t make sense to charge each player over 10k to run games I’m just looking out for new players so they don’t get imo scammed out of 50k
3 people like this post.

Postby MrSuperRed » Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 am

UnboxingGold wrote:I’m actually pretty familiar with iron ball I was around when it was first introduced and have build and overseen many stadiums that can hold it today if you are so transparent about this why not do a 10-15k deposit and don’t take a cut of any of the money ? Or if you want to make a winning pot take like 4-5k out of the deposit and pool it all together but clearly state that in the top and have players fund the operating costs like eggs and sticks

You asking people 50k then taking over 10k per team to play is not ok and I don’t advise anyone to do that

Saying it’s for player retention makes no sense charging people 50k and taking it hostage isn’t good if people don’t want to play they shouldn’t sign up in the first place

You don’t own the stadiums across the map and mats are cheap doesn’t make sense to charge each player over 10k to run games I’m just looking out for new players so they don’t get imo scammed out of 50k

UnboxingGold I understand you're an old player, but I don't think you've seen how activity in Ironball is as of recently.

Last season, team attendance was never lower. Most teams won matches by either forfeit or to keep rescheduling until the entire team would be made up of substitutes. I don't know where the post is but I'm sure Cudley could link it where it shows how many teams played games.

Also, this isn't a scam. As Cudley indicated, there will be government contributions to the prize pool and every team is going to walk away with some amount of money (profit). 75% of your money will be returned, so you're really only paying 12.5k. For 12.5k you get access to the entire season, multiple tournaments (with their own prize pools). Cudley has told me that their is potential to achieve millions in prize pool from deposits and government contributions, but at minimum a prize pool of 250k is achievable for the first tournament (~31k per team average) but will obviously be split due to rankings. Cudley has no reason to scam here, he has enough money and doesn't need to get 400k off of Iron Ball.

Plus, 50k isn't too much for city owners nowadays. All the active cities are owned by quite wealthy people and can easily afford the 50k deposit and likely have an incentive to join the league because of the (essentially) guaranteed profit due to government contributions.
2 people like this post.
Hey!

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 2193019501m

Postby CudleyNubles » Mon May 25, 2020 9:16 pm

Bump!

Postby ~Adu » Tue May 26, 2020 8:20 am

What are the conditions for the return of the deposit? As in how does one lose the rights of the 75% return?
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Manager of North Helloclan
Networth: F1,000,000+
Player since 2015
Discord: Adu0123#7982

Connect with me:

Postby ~Weather » Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Archendale is still looking for team players! Message me on discord or in game if you’re interested in being on the team. ;)

PreviousNext