Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements [OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

[OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

[OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

Postby CudleyNubles » Thu May 21, 2020 6:21 pm

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For...

It's the biggest sports tournament in Minecraft! Ironball is back again this June to bring you a bigger and badder tournament. We have prepared you all a few wild tournaments for players and fans to enjoy and cheer on their team. This is your chance to shine on the field, and on the global stage.

If you are not already part of the discord. What are you waiting for join here. https://discord.gg/FxTrtdv

What Is Ironball?

[+] Ironball
Ironball's closest relatives in real life are hockey (that's hockey, not ice hockey), and soccer/football (either one depending one where you live). You are put into teams, and are given sticks enchanted with knockback II, referred to as 'Ironball sticks', and extremely alike to hockey sticks (functionally at least). You the have to hit the 'ball' (an iron golem) into the opposing team's goal to score.

Teams

This season the team registration process will be a bit different. In order to register every team/team owner must

-Have at least 2 players and at most 5.
-Be associated with a city that has a stadium
-Each city can only have 1 team
-Provide a deposit of 50k.(DO NOT PAY THIS RIGHT NOW YOU WILL BE CONTACTED) 75% of this money may be paid back to the owner by the league once the season has concluded. In order to guarantee that teams remain active, this is necessary. All deposits will be tracked.
-Have an active discord where they can be reached

Some more information about the deposit

[+] Deposit
-The deposit includes a general season fee which is 12500F plus the rest being to guarantee that you remain active. If you have any problems with this please contact the league. If teams find it difficult to pay this Fee im sure they can find sponsors if they are still unable to please contact the league.
-The deposit also represents your team's licence.
-Should you follow all rules and remain active in the iron ball season you WILL receive the deposit back although payment of this is up to the discretion of the OQIL.
-All the money from the deposit which the league takes will be reinvested into the league and eventually come back to you. This season we plan to have further than a top 3 prize.
-YOU MUST PAY THE DEPOSIT ONLY TO Cudleynoodles. This is in order to make it easier for everyone and make sure the money doesn't get lost.
-YOU MUST PAY IT TO HIM WHEN HE IS Online

Furthermore, This season the league will distribute 8 licences to teams. These will be 8 teams that the league will have participating for the rest of the 2020 season. The following registration process is in reality an application process. Only 8 teams will be selected for this license. The result of this application process will be up to the discretion of the OQIL. In order to gain this licence you must register below. The league will contact you to pay the deposit if you have been accepted. The process will be similar to a first-come, first-serve basis but should there be more than 8 we will choose the best candidates.

To register please reply in this topic with the following:

Code: Select all
City:
Stadium:
Team Name:
Roster (at least 2 people):
Uniform (basic colors, secondary/primary):

[+] ACCEPTED teams
1. Moonlight Wolverines

Registration rules

[+] rules for registration
The rules for the OQIL can be found on this document (please note that rules often change as we are going through a phase of editing, keep up to date and view this document often, most rule changes will be shared in announcements),
(DOCUMENT UNAVAILABLE CURRENTLY)
I will now list some basic registration rules that all teams must follow
1.1 All teams must agree to any and all future rule changes.
1.2 All teams are also expected to be active in all their games.
1.3 Teams must agree to pay a fine up to 30k if they are proven to not committing to their games and/or not following any rules
1.4 The league can suspend any teams licence if they continue to show inactivity after 1 warning/fine
1.5 Should the league suspend your licence you WILL NOT receive a refund for your deposit
1.6 It is up to the league's discretion to enforce these rules
1.7 To register you MUST be associated with a City and have a stadium
1.8 You can only register one team
1.9 ALL TEAM OWNERS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DISCORD

Donations:

OQIL is accepting sponsors and individual donations for the 2020 season. These donations will contribute directly to prize pools for the teams. If you are interested in donating please contact Cudleynoodles#0651 or Cudleynoodles online.
Last edited by CudleyNubles on Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 people like this post.

Re: [OQIL] 2020 Season team registration.

Postby CudleyNubles » Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 pm

City: Moonlight falls
Stadium: Cudleyinc. Field in Moonlight falls
Team Name: Moonlight Wolverines
Roster : Cudleynoodles, Derpbotv2, _mentalgamer_. loroy, Gz3,
Uniform (basic colors, secondary/primary): Primary white from shoes fade to cyan helmet, secondary black helmet fade down to white in shoes.
_mentalgamer_ likes this post.

Postby ~Baz » Thu May 21, 2020 7:01 pm

There are not even any certified winnings yet and you expect us to pay 50k? yall are not backed by the gov yet and we trust you with the winnings?

Postby CudleyNubles » Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 pm

~Baz wrote:There are not even any certified winnings yet and you expect us to pay 50k? yall are not backed by the gov yet and we trust you with the winnings?

50k deposit you are going to get back 75% of. the fee is basically 12500 and keep in mind this is for the entire 2020 season which will last around a year from now. It will include your team in ATLEAST 2 tournaments including a 2v2 season and tournament and 3v3 tournament. The thing is you are buying the licence to be one of the OQIL teams for the season. You can sell your team and the team would still have that licence as long as the conditions are met. This season for the first tournament Im going to be trying to get around a 500k pot for the tournament and season. The winnings are also going to be distributed further past the top 8. And if you remain active you will get 37.5k back completely

Postby UnboxingGold » Thu May 21, 2020 7:40 pm

so who's gonna keep the 50k during the season or if the deposit is forfeited ? will it go to the government or you ? just seems a bit sketchy ..

Postby ~Doodle » Thu May 21, 2020 8:30 pm

~Baz wrote:There are not even any certified winnings yet and you expect us to pay 50k? yall are not backed by the gov yet and we trust you with the winnings?

UnboxingGold wrote:so who's gonna keep the 50k during the season or if the deposit is forfeited ? will it go to the government or you ? just seems a bit sketchy ..

Have to agree with these two. 50k does seem like a lot even if you get 3/4 of it back. Just charge 12.5k entry fee for the entire year and give an estimated prize pool for each event or the year as a total.
Tunnel likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby CudleyNubles » Thu May 21, 2020 10:00 pm

~Doodle wrote:

UnboxingGold wrote:so who's gonna keep the 50k during the season or if the deposit is forfeited ? will it go to the government or you ? just seems a bit sketchy ..

Have to agree with these two. 50k does seem like a lot even if you get 3/4 of it back. Just charge 12.5k entry fee for the entire year and give an estimated prize pool for each event or the year as a total.

The reason for the 50k deposit is so that teams actually commit to playing their games and so that there is something that we can use for leverage. Otherwise like past seasons, there will be shit attendance.

Postby UnboxingGold » Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 am

CudleyNubles wrote:
~Doodle wrote:

The reason for the 50k deposit is so that teams actually commit to playing their games and so that there is something that we can use for leverage. Otherwise like past seasons, there will be shit attendance.

ok but where does the 50k go to is it going to the government and u are representing them or is it just going to you ? and if someone forfeits it do u get to keep the money ? if someone pays a 12.5k entry fee where does that money go to? I think more needs to be broken down before people start handing over 50k

Postby CudleyNubles » Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 am

UnboxingGold wrote:ok but where does the 50k go to is it going to the government and u are representing them or is it just going to you ? and if someone forfeits it do u get to keep the money ? if someone pays a 12.5k entry fee where does that money go to? I think more needs to be broken down before people start handing over 50k

Please first read the information I provided about the deposit where it literally specifically states

The deposit section in the post wrote:-All the money from the deposit which the league takes will be reinvested into the league and eventually come back to you. This season we plan to have further than a top 3 prize.

Postby ~Doodle » Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 am

CudleyNubles wrote:
UnboxingGold wrote:ok but where does the 50k go to is it going to the government and u are representing them or is it just going to you ? and if someone forfeits it do u get to keep the money ? if someone pays a 12.5k entry fee where does that money go to? I think more needs to be broken down before people start handing over 50k

Please first read the information I provided about the deposit where it literally specifically states

The deposit section in the post wrote:-All the money from the deposit which the league takes will be reinvested into the league and eventually come back to you. This season we plan to have further than a top 3 prize.

I think the question is, is this an event funded and overseen by gov or is it a private event hosted by yourself?
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Next