Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements [Gov Event] Balls of Iron Cup 2019 | Largest Prize Ever!

[Gov Event] Balls of Iron Cup 2019 | Largest Prize Ever!

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Re: [Gov Event] Balls of Iron Cup 2019 | Largest Prize Ever!

Postby Endershack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 am

~Baz wrote:oof
mbay has 5 games and oystercove has 3
+we play ashford 2x

Jake made the matchups, sorry I will fix it

Dylad wrote:You sure you made this right ender? We don’t face the Knights at all even though they’re in our division. We face the Eagles twice. Also, one team has 5 games and another has 3.
And where are the wildcard matches? The North and South have like 6 generally good teams that could be dangerous in the playoffs, the playoffs should really be changed so we can have some upsets.

We are having a 4 team playoff because the 4 game season is more indicative of which teams are better. Overall record and head to head will be the tiebreakers, in that order.
OQIL 2019 1v1 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34138
<Mod ~Ender>
Former City Department Tier Evaluator
Department of Transportation Highway Committee
Head Admin of OQIL
iCentiPay Executive

Ironball Discord: https://discord.gg/mhWs3h
1v1 Bracket: https://challonge.com/1v1ib

Postby Endershack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:10 am

Schedule has been fixed. Each team will play 2 home games and 2 away games, 3 conference opponents and 1 non-conference opponent.

The top 2 teams from each conference with the best overall record will make the playoffs. Head to head will also be a factor for tiebreakers. This makes season play equally important as post-season play, which wasn't exactly the case last summer.
<Mod ~Ender>
Head Admin of OQIL
iCentiPay Executive

Postby ~Baz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 am

I love this server
Y'all gotta change the rules on me because my goals are to short. if it was to short you could of fixed it 1 year ago when yall used it multiple times. But nope, the queen of ib her self has to say its wrong to get your attention :!: That's Great
Well if y'all love rule changes that much, can we make a rule change called no rule changes until the season is over? i don't want to be hit with the old "if your stadium is ugly, burn it down" sorta theme.
Dylad likes this post.

Postby Endershack » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:28 am

~Baz wrote:I love this server
Y'all gotta change the rules on me because my goals are to short. if it was to short you could of fixed it 1 year ago when yall used it multiple times. But nope, the queen of ib her self has to say its wrong to get your attention :!: That's Great
Well if y'all love rule changes that much, can we make a rule change called no rule changes until the season is over? i don't want to be hit with the old "if your stadium is ugly, burn it down" sorta theme.

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=14315

OQIL Stadium Regulations wrote:• Goals must be 5 blocks wide, at least 3.5 blocks high (both of these not including the posts and crossbar), and at least 2 blocks deep (that's going into the goal, and not including the goal line).

This has been the rule since 2015. Just extend the goal 1 block up and stop whining.
<Mod ~Ender>
Head Admin of OQIL
iCentiPay Executive

Postby Dylad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:56 am

I still don’t get why we don’t have a wild card round? It makes the playoffs more interesting and gives other teams a chance who could’ve gotten beat out due to a tiebreaker.
This decision and only 4 games makes it more of an event, not a season. If the government cannot run a larger season and something more spread out, this should really be privatized. And a draft or advanced free agency market was never finished.
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2 Years
OQIL Administrator

Postby ~Baz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 am

Due to the "Stadium Funding Grants" Would i be reimbursed for the materials, labor and other expenses used for 'upgrading' my goals to the new standard . The goals where made before a rule was made about 4 high nets. Therefore, the team owners should be reimbursed for damages due to unexpected rule changes.
This stuff isn't free you know.

Postby LordRomias » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:51 am

Shame, the Snowdonia Polar Bears would have loved to have competed. Couldn't see the deadline and was told it wasn't for another few days.
Mayor of Snowdonia City
CEO of Romco
Moderator (Staff Member since 5th January 2019

Postby Camel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 am

LordRomias wrote:Shame, the Snowdonia Polar Bears would have loved to have competed. Couldn't see the deadline and was told it wasn't for another few days.

You can still apply in case montego bay drops out over their goals
Endershack likes this post.
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Postby Dylad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:44 am

Rodney wrote:
LordRomias wrote:Shame, the Snowdonia Polar Bears would have loved to have competed. Couldn't see the deadline and was told it wasn't for another few days.

Really Rodney? Come on man.
300k Networth
2 Years
OQIL Administrator

Postby ~Baz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:43 am

Rodney wrote:

wow
Dylad likes this post.

PreviousNext