Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay


[Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

What should we do with Crystal Bay?

Poll ended at Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 am

Attempt to revive the city
21
28%
Do a buyback, then demo the city and build a new event city
35
47%
Do a buyback, revive Crystal Bay and make an event based city
8
11%
Do a buyback, revive Crystal Bay and make an event district in Crystal Bay
10
14%
 
Total votes : 74

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 am

dYlAd wrote:Erm Stephen, 3 options have revival and just 1 has demo. That twists the results towards revival automatically with more. I don’t see the difference between demo and revival, as both would be trying to restart the city somehow.
I’d redo the poll...

This is the poll redone. Dont like the results, then deal with it.
Mob maker since October 2017

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Dylad » Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 am

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
dYlAd wrote:Erm Stephen, 3 options have revival and just 1 has demo. That twists the results towards revival automatically with more. I don’t see the difference between demo and revival, as both would be trying to restart the city somehow.
I’d redo the poll...

This is the poll redone. Dont like the results, then deal with it.

No, what I am saying is there are more options to revive then there are demo, giving the revival option more of an advantage...
Egor likes this post.
Dubai Shabab
=======================================================================================
Networth - 400k
Owner Of- Prism Builders LLC
Owner Of- The Prism Journal-Your #1 News Source!

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Tesseract » Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 am

Regarding a new event city, I think each event should have their own currency so that players continue to play that game (rather than farming off of zombie attack, The Bee, etc.). Think of it as Valentine's event that used its own crate keys rather than battle points.
2 people like this post.
"Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole." - ~Ryan

"Ask not what your server can do for you - ask what you can do for your server." - Filipendulous

Image

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Wed May 16, 2018 5:00 am

dYlAd wrote:
DR_StevenStrange wrote:
dYlAd wrote:Erm Stephen, 3 options have revival and just 1 has demo. That twists the results towards revival automatically with more. I don’t see the difference between demo and revival, as both would be trying to restart the city somehow.
I’d redo the poll...

This is the poll redone. Dont like the results, then deal with it.

No, what I am saying is there are more options to revive then there are demo, giving the revival option more of an advantage...

No, there isnt an advantage. If everyone wanted to demo it like in the last poll, then everyone would be picking the same choice this time too.

Oui wrote:Regarding a new event city, I think each event should have their own currency so that players continue to play that game (rather than farming off of zombie attack, The Bee, etc.). Think of it as Valentine's event that used its own crate keys rather than battle points.

I think that would be a good idea.
Mob maker since October 2017

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Endershack » Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 am

Bruh just blow up crystal bay like commandobeta did the suburbs
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.
HelloMiners Tier Evaluator
Owner of Valley City Pink Stall
Image

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Egor » Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm

-
Last edited by Egor on Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net worth of 1,426,732F+
33 % Owner Of ESS
ESS Net Worth -2.4M Forsals

Image

Image

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Egor » Wed May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:No, there isnt an advantage. If everyone wanted to demo it like in the last poll, then everyone would be picking the same choice this time too.


Well ok, but what will be picked then? The poll with the most votes or the 3 polls combined that say to revive CB?





UnboxingGold wrote:egor do u own a plot in cb ? im guessing u dont since your throwing such a lowball buyback percentage not trying to start anything im just saying thats way to low

I do infanct own a 3rd row plot in CB
(Right behind Rays Inc) (Lime and Gray concrete building)
Dylad likes this post.
Net worth of 1,426,732F+
33 % Owner Of ESS
ESS Net Worth -2.4M Forsals

Image

Image

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

I have a new suggestion.

You buyback all plots and demo the place.
After that you make an event based city but instead of making it bp-like, you make it like the valentine's Day event where you play minigame made like maze, boss or just do quests or collect certian items to then get rewarded with a valuable item.
Maybe the item could be like a rose petal where you trade it in for items or rare/common crates where you have a chance to win rares.
Have one like that but seasonal (i.e changes theme every season and has updated here and there) and make sure it's always on and accessable at the same time as making sure people can't grind it for ages and win loads of rares. Maybe make the boss super strong and cool :)

~Doodle
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Mr. infected_eye » Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 am

would be amazing if you tryed a revive :D
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.

Re: [Vote] What to do with Crystal Bay

Postby Tekton9 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 am

Buy back should be 110%, final. We shouldn't be literally rewarding players for poor investments made due to hype, this is no one's responsibility except those who purchased plots. Don't complain about it being to low, this way no one looses money for poor investments made (idk why this is desirable on a supposedly market-based server), and no one makes profit for poor investments (you can not argue seriously that a 125% or 150% buyback is necessary to pay for the materials and building cost of your 4 story 200k front row plot). Nope, I do not currently own a plot in Crystal bay, but unlike the large investors advocating for high buy-back rates so they can get an easy balance increase, I am objective. I have no reason to want to take money from those who invested in Crystal bay, but I sure as hell don't want any money handed to players who bought in a city doomed by strict rules for front row plots, a poor warp, and an obviously premature opening. Because the government runs the city and has the ability to hand out ridiculously large amounts of money into the economy with a few commands, that means they have to be ever more careful about careless rewarding for large, poor investments. And no, the government "promising you" that the city would be completed a bit faster does not at all warrant them giving you an extra 100k or so for your expensive plot in a player-built city.

I do however believe that all players owning cities connected to the Crystal Bay hub should be LARGELY compensated if the warp ends up being moved, a player should not have to be concerned over whether or not a city warp will be changed and their city nether hub connection will become worthless. On top of the large compensation, they should either have the chance to connect an airport to the Helloclan city airport regardless of city teir, or have a new connection and tunnel built for them at whatever the new warp is.
antiPerson likes this post.
Owner of ISI - The Best Superstore On Hellominers - Visit our Swamp City location!

Net Worth - F900,000


PreviousNext