HelloMiners Forum Announcements [HelloMiner's Updates #001] Changes and Opportunities

[HelloMiner's Updates #001] Changes and Opportunities

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

[HelloMiner's Updates #001] Changes and Opportunities

Postby Government » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 pm

HelloMiner's Updates #001 - Changes and Opportunities
Hello everyone!
In recent times, we have been making big changes to our management in HelloMiners in order to improve upon on the server. Features have been getting added and new suggestions are getting worked through.

We feel like it's our responsibility as the staff team, with transparency in mind, to keep the player's updated on the changes going on in their server! With that, I am proud to welcome you to the very first of many to come, HelloMiner's update topics!

To begin with, each fortnight (increasing as necessary) we will be posting a topic similar to this detailing the changes we are making in HelloMiner's, topic's the staff are currently discussing, and updated information from every (yes I said, every) government department. This is all part of a new initiative to keep the players informed on whats happening, day in, day out.

Government Discord & Department Changes
The first change begins with the way we run the government departments. Previously these departments have been run each separate to one another and its been difficult to track whats going with each department, let alone partake in them. We have completely re-worked this system in order to make it easier to both follow changes and announcements within each department, engage in these departments and stay up to date with major HelloMiner's changes through our government discord!

This discord directly connects the public to the government officials, each department has its own section in the discord in which it manage's itself as well as engages with the public, keeps them updated on whats happening and do their daily department business. There is a lot more information on the government discord which details this at greater length (such as engaging with the departments as a player, imagine making a suggestion to the Wilderness team directly through their public channels).

Join the discord:
Click the image to join

The Newest Government Department!
We made so many changes in this area that I thought I'd list it as its own section! The government has introduced our newest department!.... The City Management Department! Like all other departments, this department is primarily player run. This department combines different ideas into one and is used to manage & maintain our cities. This department handles: city approvals (no longer completely run by staff), city evictions, city tiers, highways and over all discussing changes made and applied to anything city related in the server. This spreads the power for change and workload among player's willing to dedicate themselves to this department. This is all to create a seamless process of approving cities, eviction requests and the likes for the HelloMiner's community.

Rule Changes
As minecraft and our server changes overall, we are constantly looking to make adjustments to our rules. Changes may also occur after we've been seeing patterns in the server which we feel need to change. Recent changes were made in regards to glitching rules, the common sense rule and the illegal pvp ban. You can read more into this here: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=28829
We take your suggestions seriously, so please provide any suggestions on any changes you feel we can make towards the rules.

Vote Crates
You've probably noticed some changes on the upper levels of the spawn building at HelloClan City. That whole area was refurbished to include our newest feature... the Tedde portrait!
or so he hoped. Although the Tedde portrait does stand nicely, our main feature on that floor are the new vote crates we have been working on. These vote crates (soon to be usable - ETA within a month or less) will replace the standard vote rewards with a vote key, these keys may then be used on the vote crates to get a chance at different prizes!

An idea proposed that we have been working on recently, located on the third level of the government spawn building at HelloClan city is the government run Headshop. Players can now buy these decorative items from the government, decorations never obtainable before shall become an item now used commonly. From themed foods, the entire alphabet + symbols,furniture, electronics, animal heads... a full catalog of new decorations to be sold, year-round by the government! ETA (Expected Time of Arrival) is 1-2 weeks as we finalize setting up all the signs.

Wilderness Preservation Team Hiring a new Department Manager!
The Wilderness Preservation team is changing! We are updating the WPT completely to be run by the players for the players. The WPT has been re-created in a way to allow it to be player run. Official government positions are now available in this department and hiring for both a department manager and an assistant manager has already begun. Find out more here: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=28861

Youtube Partnership Program
HelloMiner's is trying to focus bringing in newer players through our outreach on social media. We have decided that we need to be focusing more on YouTube as there's a lot we can capitalize on from there. Many players may remember joining because of a youtube video they watched regarding the server. HelloMiner's is looking to sponsor videos, creators and make our own videos and skits on the youtube platform in order to draw in more players. The system is currently being trialed and modifications will be made as necessary. Read more about this here: viewtopic.php?f=234&t=28920

Staff Discussions
This is the section where we'll keep players updated on what the staff are currently discussing (within reason to keep things confidential of course). We'd like to be as transparent as we can with the public without risking the security of the server or its management. Of course we don't want to spoil any surprises either. There were many topics the staff were recently discussing but they were mostly related to the planning being put into all of the above. Besides those topics, there were 3 main interests of staff over the last few days. These were:

1.Increasing the starting fund from 1000F to 2000F
With inflation taking its toll on the server and its pricing, new players starting now have less to those who started on the server years ago due to the inflation on the server in recent years. All the prices of everything has changed due to this, but the player starting fund is still only 1000F, this would have been a good start for players years ago where they could add a little more to this and get setup for shop or some other business . However, now days, factoring in costs of living, materials,etc, this is barely enough to survive on the server for 1-2 days.

2. Increasing the difficulty of the server along with the quality of equipment provided to new players

Another topic recently discussed in staff which evolved from a topic made on the forums regarding the difficulty of the server. A public vote was made to allow the players to give their opinions on the difficulty of the server, the results were in favor of increasing the difficulty to hard mode (not hardcore). A full explanation of the difficulties can be found here ( The staff have agreed that this would be a good change to the server as its becoming increasingly easy to survive, some mobs are even 1 hit-kill if you have the right gear. With this change, the previous starting player equipment is not adequate enough (being leather armor and stone tools)... instead a change into something like iron gear has been suggested. Giving the new players an extra special (possibly custom) item on first join has also been mentioned, something like a 50F bank note (to expose the players to the bank note system) or a form of custom item.

3- Introducing more frequent and regular server-wide events into the server.
The recent valentine's event's success has led to many of our staff discussing more frequent server-wide events to be held. Those from seasonal events, custom quests, different adventure related quests etc. I can't reveal anything too specific at the moment or it will ruin any surprises we may have in store for you all, but at the moment we are considering all options for our next great event.

Final Notes
I hope this topic has been able to bring to light a lot of the Government's recent hard work. Overall we have been trying to further spread the government's power and duties through our departments and player officials. This is important to delegate the server duties between both staff members and the players alike to specify areas of focus... creating a system that ideally works as efficiently as possible.

Many of these changes have also been implemented due to the incredible amount of player suggestions. Even as I write this topic now, we are looking through suggestions topics submitted to the forums and bringing them up in the staff discussions along with creating outlets for players to partake in them (such as the government discord or the recent public vote on the difficulty of the server).

We have shared parts of our discussions and are being as transparent as possible (along with making departments primarily player run) in order to allow the players to participate in the discussions and changes made within the server. Please use this opportunity as its the best bet we have as working together as a community towards improving our server. Keep making suggestions, keep commenting and discussing your ideas and thoughts on the server! (In civilized and respectful ways of course)

Thank you,
Last edited by MissileGamer on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
23 people like this post.

Re: [HelloMiner's Updates #001] Changes and Opportunities

Postby Somfic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Great way to make the players more involved!
Be gone ~Satan! Damn you!

Trial Moderator since February 2nd 2018.

Official member of the 'Department of Advertising and Media' for the Hellominers server.
Runs the official Hellominers Instagram (@hellominersofficial).
Assistant Manager for the Battle Palace.

Member of counsil for Paradise Hills.

Networth ~2.00F

Postby Egor » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Great ideas! Can’t wait to see them in action!!
Net worth of 800K+
Owner Of Imperial Global

Postby _UltraPro_ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Oi what about skywars and the valentines update!
Image Image

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Do you think we could make totem of undying craftable and remove keep-inv? This means we can still have a second chance of surviving and not losing our stuff. Also could we remove /suicide? It takes the point of food and health boosts away cause u just /suicide and you are fully regened (u can still use /home bed).
Thanks for doing this update missile, I've been looking for one of these for ages!

Thanks again,

When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock.

Postby Dylad » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Removing keep inventory really destroys the whole purpose of an economy server, turning it into barely a survival. Other than that, thank gosh.
2 people like this post.

Postby ~Bmatt » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Keep Inventory keeps our players :P

Other than that, I'm pleased to see what the plans are for HelloMiners! Thanks for keeping us updated. :)
2 people like this post.
Visit the OreStore topic! -We now sell shares. Check out the information before buying or selling shares to another player!
Visit the Sunset Springs topic! -Plot spaces available all around the city! Visit our topic for directions!
CallMeBmatt's Stats!
HelloMiners player since October 6th 2013, Former Veteran Moderator (2015-2017), Sunset Springs & OreStore Founder, 7th player to become a HelloMiners millionaire.

Postby Icyluke79 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Just a little opinion on the remove Keep Inv and Suicide opinions (which aren't decided by gov yet)
1) This is an economy server. If we remove Keep Inv items will drastically change, maybe doubling. This is an economy server were you're supposed to make money; not lose that 20k bal you've been trying to get for a month.
2) /Suicide helps with transport and making sure it doesn't take 10 minutes to get somewhere you need to get to. It acts as a second /home, which is the only reason I use it.

Other then that, I think all these implements will be great, and I can't wait to see what is to be held. I've already joined the Discord Server which to my surprise is very well organised, so I don't think I'm mad at the Government anymore in anyways.
Dylad likes this post.
Player since January of 2016!
#I'mWithBeta - Spread the hashtag.
Veteran former Ocelot City Staff Member!

Postby Endershack » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 pm

MissileGamer wrote:3- Introducing more frequent and regular server-wide events into the server.
The recent valentine's event's success has led to many of our staff discussing more frequent server-wide events to be held. Those from seasonal events, custom quests, different adventure related quests etc. I can't reveal anything too specific at the moment or it will ruin any surprises we may have in store for you all, but at the moment we are considering all options for our next great event.

Ironball. Say it: iron-ball.
2 people like this post.
2016 OQIL Runner-up
2017 OQIL Champion

Sunset Coast Camels Ironball
Valley City Pink Stall!
Server member since June 2013
Forum member since June 2014
Networth ~1m

Postby ᴘʀɪᴠᴀᴛᴇ ᴄʀɪᴘᴘʟᴇᴅ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 pm

I can't wait for the new voting crates to be finished and the head shop to be open :D

They are all great idea's and I think the server would benefit and improve greatly.
CEO and Co-Founder of Iron Miners; Mining Store and Suppliers
CEO and Founder of TES Stores Inc.

"Live as if you die tomorrow. Dream as if you'll live forever."

"Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten up someone's life, but why not be the moon, to brighten in the darkest hour?"

[Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]<LunaticCultis> ur getting demoted bribery man