Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements Rule changes - February, 2018

Rule changes - February, 2018

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Rule changes - February, 2018

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Hey, a few rules have been edited and added that I would like to share with everyone so we are all aware of them:

• Firstly a new rule has been added to the bottom of the Special Rules Page:

Glitches

If there is a glitch with a plugin or aspect of the server that can lead to an unfair advantage for a player, report it immediately to staff. If it is not reported and instead abused for ones benefits, the player will be banned based on the duping punishment.

• The illegal PVP ban time has been changed to 5 days, previously it was 14. The new rule is as follows:

PvP without explicit permission from a staff member:
    5 days of ban per killed player, unless the victim does not want to press charges.

• The duping punishment has been changed to a fixed ban time:

Duping:
    A 1 month ban, and the player loses all their items, property, and money.

Now, if you accidentally dupe (duplicating an item caused by a glitch) and report it to staff immediately, you will not be charged with duping. It is only when it is done intentionally that one will be banned for it.

• The city rules were changed to make it more clear on what an illegal private city is:

Every privately owned city (a place in the wilderness where multiple plots or buildings are sold to people, where custom rules apply to the properties) has to be approved by the government before it can open.

has been changed to:

Every privately owned city (a place in the wilderness where multiple plots or buildings are sold to people) has to be approved by the government before it can open.

Before this edit was made, no city technically had to get approved to sell plots. This rule edit means that one does need to get the city approved in order to sell plots within it.

• Lastly a line was added to the Common Sense Rule:

If you're aware of another player breaking the rules, also report it to a staffmember immediately.

If there are any questions or comments about these rules, feel free to post them here.
15 people like this post.
"'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now,
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe, just breathe."

I'm always open to chat with anyone who needs help or just wants a conversation. If anyone needs to talk, Discord me SpartanPride7#5210 . I check daily :)

Re: Rule changes - February, 2018

Postby Sweg » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Thanks for updating these, i feel most will do good on HM.

I do take issue with the private city approval rule change though. If i want to sell my friends a few houses in the wild next to mine, i shouldn’t need to get that approved
2 people like this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Postby soccerboy61 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:44 pm

when are you guys going to address the mob grinding idea of bringing it back??
7 people like this post.

Postby Tunnel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Spart wrote:If your aware of another player breaking the rules, also report it to a staffmember immediately.

you're*
8 people like this post.
YourAverageName - Former HM Mod
-
<_number947_> avg should write a book based on harry potter: "harry potter and the changing nick"
<~notTek> tunnel got her 286,000 from the staff-ran underground nub trafficking ring if any of you werent aware
<FlyingBurger> DRAMA ALERT Tunnel keeps a drug farm under sparts castle

Postby SilverKnight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 pm

i feel that the duping ban is way too harsh...
5 people like this post.
Silver :" Why u no want build in sol?
Luke :"Find me a 20x20 plot for an apt ( not ocelot it's full)
Silver :" Build in sol pls."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk*"
Silver :"What do you mean? I'm saying that u should build apt in sol after that one."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk again*"
#TrollLogic2017

#ImWithBeta
Baron of Coconut Beach

Postby ~Spider » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Premium heads? :roll:
Dylad likes this post.
HelloMiners Millionaire SpiderPig2323
----------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 19th 2016
25% Owner Of ACE Mega Stores
Networth: F4,000,000
Top Balance: F2,300,000
----------------------------------------------------------

Postby Luke (LukeTheTree) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:22 am

SilverKnight wrote:i feel that the duping ban is way too harsh...

I think it's very light. The ban is a good time for such malicious activity... I don't know why it'd be considered harsh considering it is technically hacking in a way.
Inactive Since Oct. 2018 - Discord: LukeTheHat#5318

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen (Credited as Steve Jobs)

Postby ~Bmatt » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 am

Good job, but you missed just one ;) :P
"All staff must not make decisions only by themselves, but consider the players' arguments too in a deciding case."
Cough*Beta*Cough
Visit the OreStore topic! - OreSale, the biggest ingot sale of the year is coming soon! Click the link to check it out!
Visit the Sunset Springs topic! -Plot spaces available all around the city! Visit our topic for directions!
CallMeBmatt's Stats!
HelloMiners player since October 6th 2013, Former Veteran Moderator (2015-2017), Sunset Springs & OreStore Founder, 7th player to become a HelloMiners millionaire.

Postby Sweg » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am

LukePlays_Games wrote:

I think it's very light. The ban is a good time for such malicious activity... I don't know why it'd be considered harsh considering it is technically hacking in a way.
why should the ban be the same for duping one item and duping chests of diamond blocks
MrSuperRed likes this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Postby Felipe98_ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 am

~Bmatt wrote:Good job, but you missed just one ;) :P
"All staff must not make decisions only by themselves, but consider the players' arguments too in a deciding case."
Cough*Beta*Cough

I wonder why you didn't suggest that when you were a staffer... Oh well.

Sweg wrote:
LukePlays_Games wrote:

why should the ban be the same for duping one item and duping chests of diamond blocks

Doesn't matter the quantity,the rule broken is the same: duping.The ban time is the same for all quantities unless you made it by an accident and report it to staff.

Good job with the rules improvement @Staff,hope there are more to come and cover other sections/update the rules.
Zyra_bot likes this post.
Owner of Montego Bay city! :D
Montego Bay City: http://www.tinyurl.com/MBayCity
Properties for Sale: http://www.tinyurl.com/FelSell
98Housing Company: http://www.tinyurl.com/98Housing

<Mod ~KingFelope> *stares in portuguese*
<Mod~QueenJen> *stares in english*
Former HelloMiners Staffer
Former King of Montego Bay

Next