Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements Important-Must Read and Spread

Important-Must Read and Spread

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Important-Must Read and Spread

Postby Stlrsfan4 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 am

Please, people of HM, spread this message.
I would like to start off saying this by saying that Depression is not a feeling. Depression is a mental disability. Depression is not loud, it’s quiet. Depression doesn’t just affect one person, but millions. Depression is a very unavoidable thing that does not go away easily, no matter how hard you try. When parents, teachers, school counselors, and any other person says to just “Give it time”, DO NOT LISTEN. Take immediate action if someone ever comes out to you and openly gives you signs of depression. Though it may seem unnoticeable, this is only because people don’t listen. They don’t observe. Depression is THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF SUICIDE. And suicide is a terrible thing. An absolutely horrible thing. Suicide does not affect one person. It affects hundreds, thousands, millions. Your parents will mirror the reflection of your dead body in their eyes forever. Your brothers and sisters will hide in their rooms, scared of the world. Your friends will blame themselves. Your teachers will think they were too hard on you. All the people you encountered in your everyday life will hold themselves responsible. Suicide is not a light thing. Just last week, a freshman in my district committed suicide. It happens EVERY DAY. And it happens because of small things. The small things add up over years and years of pressure to the point where you skip meals, harm yourself, and cry yourself to sleep. I am sending this message for the sole purpose of spreading the word that depression and suicide are NOT light topics. They are to be taken seriously whenever brought up by either a friend, a sibling, a peer, or anyone else. Don’t joke about it. Don’t talk about it like it’s a light thing. These are some terrible topics, I know, but I felt the need to get this out to everyone. Please spread this message. Thank you for reading this. -Steel.

EDIT: Please feel free to comment past experiences. BUT ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY COMFORTABLE WITH IT!! I AM NOT, IN ANY WAY, ASKING FOR ANYONE'S FORCED PRIVATE INFORMATION THAT THEY ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH GIVING OUT.

Thank you for all support, and I really hope to spread this cause.
11 people like this post.
Stlrsfan4
CEO and Co-Founder of Citadel Infrastructure Co.
"The sky's not the limit when there are footprints on the moon"
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Re: Important-Must Read and Spread

Postby Icyinactive79 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 am

When I was in my final years of primary, little did I know, I was suffering from depression.
I was constantly bullied to the point where I didn't want to go to school and I awoke at 3 o'clock in the morning because of the thought of something bad happening to me that would change my life. Because of this supportive community, I am finally back on my feet. I cannot believe I could do it, but I got through that period in my life - to anyone who suffers from depression, do not believe that your life is the worst one ever imagined. You are special and will be able to get through this period in your life. If you do have the help available at your school or work, please talk to someone.
Do NOT believe this period of your life will be the last.

~Luke
2 people like this post.

Postby Stlrsfan4 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 pm

LukePlays_Games wrote:When I was in my final years of primary, little did I know, I was suffering from depression.
I was constantly bullied to the point where I didn't want to go to school and I awoke at 3 o'clock in the morning because of the thought of something bad happening to me that would change my life. Because of this supportive community, I am finally back on my feet. I cannot believe I could do it, but I got through that period in my life - to anyone who suffers from depression, do not believe that your life is the worst one ever imagined. You are special and will be able to get through this period in your life. If you do have the help available at your school or work, please talk to someone.
Do NOT believe this period of your life will be the last.

~Luke

Ugh. It's things like this that just show that even the most ordinary people can be contracted as the most un-ordinary people, just by themselves or based on their feelings and emotions. Thanks for sharing, Luke.
MonkeyJ.Guy5100 likes this post.
Stlrsfan4

Postby Somfic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:51 pm

If anyone needs someone to talk to, I'm here for you
Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

Postby MonkeyJ.Guy5100 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm

As a recent attempt survivor, i wholeheartedly agree with this. Well said stlr.
Staff of Puerto Cancun
Owner of MCorp

Postby Stlrsfan4 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 am

MonkeyJ.Guy5100 wrote:As a recent attempt survivor, i wholeheartedly agree with this. Well said stlr.

ty for still being here
Stlrsfan4