Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestions

Suggestions

Want to make a suggestion for the server? Post it here.

Suggestions

Postby YLPB » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 am

Playing in hellomines has been a great experience.
However there are few things that i want to suggest.

- make the region name more clear!It will be more handy for players to search for things!
-add some level plugins and friend or marry plugins!It can increase the interest of players!
-try to add more user-friendly plugins and in

Hope my suggestions will help improve the server!
Last edited by YLPB on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 people like this post.

Re: Suggestions

Postby Ravenmoon01(~T90X27) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:01 am

Great... MCMMO, people abusing marriage in chat, and what about regions? Players decide their region names.
YLPB likes this post.

"No matter what is thrown our way, we must not give up, we must overcome it..."

Postby YLPB » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 am

You can set the command cool down that the players wont spam the commands.And much more things to stop to abuses of marriage.

Postby YLPB » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 am

I think the server can do more on the city plan rather than just randomly allow players to destroy blocks and build houses within the regions.You will see how messy is the server map.The builds are stunning tho.Just that improvements are still needed to the plan of the city

Postby Scepticon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Although I'm not exactly the first person to pull the "child-friendly" card when discussing possible changes to Hellominers, I really do think it does apply here.

Marriage plugins, while first of all being really, really weird, are also really inappropriate - some of the concepts they introduce are things we have no place introducing to the younger members of our community. The unbelievably annoying chat spam that would be a result of this "who wants to be my Minecraft gf?" "Hi I'm looking for a sexy boyfriend to marry" would be both frustrating and oh, so cringey.

Thanks for your suggestion however in the years and years that people have been suggesting these plugins we've never been interested in implementing them and likely never will be.
6 people like this post.
Top Architect

Top Investor

Top Monopoliser

The only thing I'm not on top of is knowing how much my worth is. ;)

Postby ~Malamute » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Scepticon wrote:Although I'm not exactly the first person to pull the "child-friendly" card when discussing possible changes to Hellominers, I really do think it does apply here.

Marriage plugins, while first of all being really, really weird, are also really inappropriate - some of the concepts they introduce are things we have no place introducing to the younger members of our community. The unbelievably annoying chat spam that would be a result of this "who wants to be my Minecraft gf?" "Hi I'm looking for a sexy boyfriend to marry" would be both frustrating and oh, so cringey.

Thanks for your suggestion however in the years and years that people have been suggesting these plugins we've never been interested in implementing them and likely never will be.

IMG_6426.GIF
IMG_6426.GIF (977.7 KiB) Viewed 342 times
2 people like this post.
Retired player since June 2017!
If you would like to keep up with me, friend me on discord @ThatOneDog32; or follow my instagram @Foozly720

Postby CaptainAmerica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:53 pm

YLPB wrote:(...) marry plugins!It can increase the interest of players!
(...)

2 people like this post.
Faded

Postby mosxh4bmjk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Imagine you're a new player here and this is how people treat you back if you ask a benign question. FFS, maybe he's new to the server and that he doesn't know much, why can't you guys be polite to him, just teaching him more about the circumstances of his suggestions, and all about the server in general, so he'll know more about the server and that he'll be able to make more informed decisions in the server next time, and not insulting and making fun of him as well, and give him a damn break you all bourgeois.

If you're all butthurt/angry after reading my post, feel free to do whatever you want with me afterwards, and don't forget to look at my forum signature below this post. I'm just rudely shocked and appalled by the extreme lack of empathy and compassion among the bourgeois players in the server, and that's just my personal opinion to this. Try putting yourself into YLPB's shoes, how would you feel if you get hate speech and harassment in return, just by asking an innocent question that does no harm to the server? How would you feel if people treated you like that here?

Even moderators endorse such harassing behaviour. Sigh...
2 people like this post.
History is more or less bunk. Henry Ford

Postby ~Http » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:50 pm

mosxh4bmjk wrote:Imagine you're a new player here and this is how people treat you back if you ask a benign question. FFS, maybe he's new to the server and that he doesn't know much, why can't you guys be polite to him, just teaching him more about the circumstances of his suggestions, and all about the server in general, so he'll know more about the server and that he'll be able to make more informed decisions in the server next time, and not insulting and making fun of him as well, and give him a damn break you all bourgeois.

If you're all butthurt/angry after reading my post, feel free to do whatever you want with me afterwards, and don't forget to look at my forum signature below this post. I'm just rudely shocked and appalled by the extreme lack of empathy and compassion among the bourgeois players in the server, and that's just my personal opinion to this. Try putting yourself into YLPB's shoes, how would you feel if you get hate speech and harassment in return, just by asking an innocent question that does no harm to the server? How would you feel if people treated you like that here?

Well why don't you stop telling us what to do and do it yourself? You cant just demand someone to do something, so how about you "just teach him more about the circumstances of his suggestions, and all about the server in general"
"I like putting random quotes everywhere, even if they mean nothing like this. -Httpoverlord

"The government buying cobble leads to more teletubbies spawning in RiverCity" ~CommandoBeta
"squeleton" ~Yootay
[+] Random Things
http://imgur.com/1K4ST6Q.png

Postby Scepticon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 pm

mosxh4bmjk wrote:(...)

I'd ask you to tell me where I endorsed unkindness / engaged in it myself but hey, I'm a decent guy so I'll try and do it for you.

Scepticon wrote:Although I'm not exactly the first person to pull the "child-friendly" card when discussing possible changes to Hellominers, I really do think it does apply here.
(...)

Just me saying that his suggestion isn't child-friendly in my eye so, not here..

Scepticon wrote:(...)
Marriage plugins, while first of all being really, really weird, are also really inappropriate - some of the concepts they introduce are things we have no place introducing to the younger members of our community. (...)

While my word choice of "really, really weird" isn't the most accurate portrayal of what I'm stating ('really, really isn't right' would have worked better), besides the fact that I didn't use the most spot-on vocabulary in a clause of my sentence, this is again just me saying that the marriage plugin would be highly inappropriate, especially some of the stuff that results from these plugins. So, not here either..

Scepticon wrote:The unbelievably annoying chat spam that would be a result of this "who wants to be my Minecraft gf?" "Hi I'm looking for a sexy boyfriend to marry" would be both frustrating and oh, so cringey.

Pointing out another flaw in his suggestion, that the chat would be spammed with messages, which would be on top of that fairly sexual. This wouldn't go down well with the community. I also referred to this as cringey as seeing younger players engaging in sexual conversation and 'activity' over Minecraft again just isn't right. So uh, not here either. Got to be somewhere..

Scepticon wrote:(...)

I thank him for suggesting plugins in an attempt to improve the quality of gameplay on here, and then say that the server has no interest in sexualising its gameplay so as to make sure we continue to appeal to all ages on here. So uh, where was it I encouraged engaging in unkindness or harassment?

No where.

Please don't be so damn rude and condescending towards me with baseless arguments. Try putting someone else in your dock next time.

3 people like this post.
Top Architect

Top Investor

Top Monopoliser

The only thing I'm not on top of is knowing how much my worth is. ;)

Next