Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Jobs Jobs Available Job: Making the Olympics at CB

Job: Making the Olympics at CB

Here is where you can offer jobs as the CEO of your business.
Forum rules
A list of jobs available right now. If you own a business you can post your job offer here.

Re: Job: Making the Olympics at CB

Postby ~Foxy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 pm

IGN: Gunnydawg
Are you building by yourself or with a group?: a group (pm me if want to help build)
What events are you going to build?: Ironball Stadium and unique boat race(im not sure if its even an olympic sport)
These two will be part of the design, you will see.
Example pictures (this is mandatory): :o
How much do you want to be paid (estimate)?: 10k without materials for me. Materials will be decided. The government will pay 3k each for the players that helps me in the design.
Pays are negotiable.
I will post images later since I am on mobile
Gunnydawg
CEO and Founder of:
Stardust
Entertainment
Co-owner Of Utusaki Meadows
Manager of Ferron Island
HM Player since August 2016

"So shine bright tonight,
You and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye,
So alive
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond" Diamonds by Rihanna

Postby Amazon_Alexa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:The arena may have an Olympics even every couple months or so, therefore it won't become useless afterward.

Also example picture I mean like pictures of the events you made in creative mode :P not based of irl pics. Also that's really high pay XD I was thinking something under 50k.... (and 50k is still high :P)

Um btw, will the CB stadium be used for every HM Olympics, or will the location be switched up?

Postby Tigerhunter564 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:08 am

Why dont you have it a competition for the design then hire a group of people like a gov job to build it?
Hello I just found this out XD
~7/29/15 7:11 PM

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:46 am

Bump!
"Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold" ~Halsey

Postby Jarvis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 am

Jarvis wrote:This is not for the application for building this. This is a application of helping hosting the events. I can make a full application if you want.

Bumo
Over 200k in assets

Co-Owner of the Ferron Farm

MineCraft player for over 7 years

Fortune Company owner

Co-owner of Empis

NASA Owner

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Ok so here we go, my design and ideas for this project.

DO NOTICE THESE ARE DRAFTS!!!! Designs on multiplayer server will look much more detailed.

IGN:
D0dleysvrz

Are you building by yourself or with a group?:
My entire company (avg 3-4 people)

What events are you going to build?:
Racing, horse racing, ironball, archery, swimming, obstacle swimming, rowing, 1v1 fencing, 2v2 fencing, wrestling, diving?

Example pictures (this is mandatory):
Look post down below

How much do you want to be paid (estimate)?:
It's definitly one of the biggest projects i'll be doing, would cost around 50-60k, materials excluded.

The main idea.
So an olympic complex usually consists of multiple buildings. One of those which is the main stadium where the openings and finals are being organised. Usually there's then a second stadium, like the first but smaller, this is used for the smaller less decisive competitions. (I will keep this one behind as we don't need a second stadium.

Then, there's usually a swimming pool thats connected to the main stadium (or almost). This is where all the swimming competitions will be held.

At last there's usually a fencing area and some other buildings. The fencing area/stadium would be a combat pit in our situation.

The buildings that the HM olympics will consist of.
Down below a picture can be seen with the area of the project and my planned builds for it.

The olympic stadium will be the main building. It's the building where most of the events will be focussed. Think of horse racing, normal racing, ironball and archery. The building style i have chosen is very much inspired by the Nanjing olympic sports complex. Pictures can be seen in the spoiler down below.

In the spolier there's also a start on the design of the actual stadium. It's gonna be big, with 2 arches spanned above it to keep up the roof (so it has actual fysics) The red lanes will be used for the racing. I'll make the stadium probably a bit bigger so a decent ironball field can fit in between that as well (including an archery course, if that doesnt fit i'll fit it in the combat pit.)

Do know these are early drafts and i didn't work much further on it due to limited time and that i'd prefer to build it directly in multiplayer due to the size of the build.
[+] Pics

The swimming courses will consist of 1 building. It will have both lane swimming as swimming with obstacles to make it more interesting. Think of having 2 wide holes underwater where you have to swim through in order to continue your lane. Normal lane swimming will obviously be normal swimming. Now either you can laso add diving to this, but i have yet to work out the concept of how'd it would work and how it could be fun to play.

Now due to limited space on the island i was thinking of also adding the rowing course to this, maybe make it under the lane swimming (underground) and make it go in circles just like the racing lanes. Or you could eventually put the rowing course outside on the open water, if you'd prefer that.

I have not made a design on this due to the same reasons i didn't finish the main stadium.

[+] PICTURES
obstacle swimming draft

The combat pit/stadium will be the third building within the complex. Here is where the fencing, wrestling/judo and maybe archery take place. You can split the wrestling/ fencing into 2 different sports where theres 1v1 and 2v2, which'll create more events to participate in in the olympics.

This'll be a smaller circular stadium, not much to it and i think it's pretty self explanatory.

Then everything that's left open will consist of an olympic park with roads going through it. Purposely made amazing with all sorts of views you can enjoy while running through the complex. Shops could also be added to this location.

Then as final the olympic torch can not be missed out, though i yet have looked for a spot to place it.

I suggest removing the fountains on the pier, as thei're quite annoying to walk through and could definitly be made into something more amazing.
Last edited by d0dleysvrz on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5 people like this post.
-Doods
CEO of DOME
Founder of DOME city
HM Veteran

Assets: 127.320F

Postby Zyra_bot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm

For events you could make use of that ocean and have like boat raceing. You could make a white water rapids course on land aswell if you wanted . Also you could make steaple chase aswell with haveing a slab and fence with water on the other side.
SpartanPride7 likes this post.

Postby blueshadow2002 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:07 pm

d0dleysvrz wrote:Ok so here we go, my design and ideas for this project.

DO NOTICE THESE ARE DRAFTS!!!! Designs on multiplayer server will look much more detailed.

IGN:
D0dleysvrz

Are you building by yourself or with a group?:
My entire company (avg 3-4 people)

What events are you going to build?:
Racing, horse racing, ironball, archery, swimming, obstacle swimming, rowing, 1v1 fencing, 2v2 fencing, wrestling, diving?

Example pictures (this is mandatory):
Look post down below

How much do you want to be paid (estimate)?:
It's definitly one of the biggest projects i'll be doing, would cost around 50-60k, materials excluded.

The main idea.
So an olympic complex usually consists of multiple buildings. One of those which is the main stadium where the openings and finals are being organised. Usually there's then a second stadium, like the first but smaller, this is used for the smaller less decisive competitions. (I will keep this one behind as we don't need a second stadium.

Then, there's usually a swimming pool thats connected to the main stadium (or almost). This is where all the swimming competitions will be held.

At last there's usually a fencing area and some other buildings. The fencing area/stadium would be a combat pit in our situation.

The buildings that the HM olympics will consist of.
Down below a picture can be seen with the area of the project and my planned builds for it.

The olympic stadium will be the main building. It's the building where most of the events will be focussed. Think of horse racing, normal racing, ironball and archery. The building style i have chosen is very much inspired by the Nanjing olympic sports complex. Pictures can be seen in the spoiler down below.

In the spolier there's also a start on the design of the actual stadium. It's gonna be big, with 2 arches spanned above it to keep up the roof (so it has actual fysics) The red lanes will be used for the racing. I'll make the stadium probably a bit bigger so a decent ironball field can fit in between that as well (including an archery course, if that doesnt fit i'll fit it in the combat pit.)

Do know these are early drafts and i didn't work much further on it due to limited time and that i'd prefer to build it directly in multiplayer due to the size of the build.
[+] Pics

The swimming courses will consist of 1 building. It will have both lane swimming as swimming with obstacles to make it more interesting. Think of having 2 wide holes underwater where you have to swim through in order to continue your lane. Normal lane swimming will obviously be normal swimming. Now either you can laso add diving to this, but i have yet to work out the concept of how'd it would work and how it could be fun to play.

Now due to limited space on the island i was thinking of also adding the rowing course to this, maybe make it under the lane swimming (underground) and make it go in circles just like the racing lanes. Or you could eventually put the rowing course outside on the open water, if you'd prefer that.

I have not made a design on this due to the same reasons i didn't finish the main stadium.

[+] PICTURES
obstacle swimming draft

The combat pit/stadium will be the third building within the complex. Here is where the fencing, wrestling/judo and maybe archery take place. You can split the wrestling/ fencing into 2 different sports where theres 1v1 and 2v2, which'll create more events to participate in in the olympics.

This'll be a smaller circular stadium, not much to it and i think it's pretty self explanatory.

Then everything that's left open will consist of an olympic park with roads going through it. Purposely made amazing with all sorts of views you can enjoy while running through the complex. Shops could also be added to this location.

Then as final the olympic torch can not be missed out, though i yet have looked for a spot to place it.

I suggest removing the fountains on the pier, as thei're quite annoying to walk through and could definitly be made into something more amazing.

Looks great! :D
2 people like this post.

Thanks multi for my fav meme <3

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

-Doods
CEO of DOME
Founder of DOME city
HM Veteran

Assets: 127.320F

Postby ~Gummybear » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Yasssss. D0d all the way!

It looks cool ;p
d0dleysvrz likes this post.
Current Ferron events;
  • N/A

Mayor and Co-Founder of Ferron Island. Visit the forum topic by clicking the underline.

C.E.O and Founder or MultiEco apartment chains. Currently in; [Los Santos]
[Ferron Island]

HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016

- Obtain your dream that seems so far away, and get your binoculars out and see the different paths. 2K17

PreviousNext