Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions [Suggestion] Let Us See Ourselves on The Live Map

[Suggestion] Let Us See Ourselves on The Live Map

Want to make a suggestion for the server? Post it here.

Re: [Suggestion] Let Us See Ourselves on The Live Map

Postby JazzyDays » Fri May 19, 2017 2:31 am

Hi Echo!!!
EchoOcelot likes this post.

Postby knight008 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:31 am

Dynmap is already live the world 24/7 it is not a big problem to add some player heads
Highest bal: 50,000
Living in: PH mansion

Postby SucceededKiller » Fri May 19, 2017 2:09 pm

This might have to wait a while.

Currently, dynmap is 3 times the size of the buildserver + main server combined * 3. :P

Right now we're trying to sort out how we can best store all the dynmap data so it's possible to keep it growing without running out of space.
"Alla vill till himmelen men ingen vill dö" - Everyone wants to go to heaven but no-one wants to die.
"I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fighting 'til the war's won,I don't care if heaven won't take me back."
"Some, some die young. But you better hold on. so many things I need to say to you. Please don't, don't let me go. And we said we would die together."

Postby d0dleysvrz » Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 pm

SucceededKiller wrote:This might have to wait a while.

Currently, dynmap is 3 times the size of the buildserver + main server combined * 3. :P

Right now we're trying to sort out how we can best store all the dynmap data so it's possible to keep it growing without running out of space.

are you running your own server or a hosted one?

otherwise i'd say add a partition for the dynmap files in order to keep it controlled. even if it becomes too large then, it won't be able to save those files until a server admin extends the partition. Also prevents your server from losing space it needs for the server itself.

Obviously it would be better to add a new HDD to store those files on... but thats gonna cost.
-Doods
CEO of DOME
Founder of DOME city
HM Veteran

Assets: 84.510F

Previous