Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player Can a mod tell me if KingAndrew95 is evicting me legally?

Can a mod tell me if KingAndrew95 is evicting me legally?

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.

Can a mod tell me if KingAndrew95 is evicting me legally?

Postby DarthMarXman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:53 am

I have 2 plots in sunshine coast, one is Coast_plot11, the other Coast_plot35.

Back in december I requested a week extension to complete my buildings in which he agreed to.

I then proceed to build and complete my buildings. Over the weekend i decided to move out of artex city (which he also owns) and sunshine coast.
I took down all my buildings, and put for sale signs up saying to contact me if interested in purchasing.

Last night KingAndrew95 messaged me and ask me if I would sell him all my plots in Artex and in sunshinecoast. I told him I would let him know because I had another buyer. He then said he wanted to buy them, and that I should do him a favor and sell them to him. I told him, I would sell them to whoever offered the highest price. He then proceeded to try to talk me into selling to him because he felt at one point he did me a favor because he allowed the buildings I owned that were approved by the previous owner Dutch to remain. I dont view this as a favor, as Dutch approved those buildings, and from what I understand, the previous rules of the city still applied to any buildings completed under the previous owner.

Even if it was a favor, i did not agree that this means I should lose money and sell to him for less. He made me uncomfortable with how he kept telling me that I somehow was doing something unreasonable by not selling him all my properties for a discount. He claimed it was wrong of me to not sell them because it was his city and he should be able to choose who to sell the properties to. Is that a rule I was not aware of? I thought I could sell them to whoever I wanted to?

Today, i find that KingAndrew95 said I am now evicted from my 2 plots in sunshine coast because he is retroactively not approving the extension he gave me back on 12/20. Is that legal? Thats borderline theft in my book. Even if its not theft, is that really ethical? I had completed buildings, one was a fully stock chest shop, all the way up until Sunday, which I then took down. Arent there rules for eviction? Also, when i go to the plots, I can still build. So it does not seem like the eviction is real. Also, he told me that the mods already agreed to all this. Is this true or a lie? Can you please confirm this, mods?

Also, he is also claiming that my most expensive plot in artex, that was sold to me for 4000F must be sold back to him at 20% of the value. I was never told that I had to sell this plot to him, and again was under the impression I was allowed to sell plots in private cities to whoever I wanted.

Can a mod help me here?

thanks

*update I posted this about my plots in sunshine still allowing me to build. then about 20 mins later, I noticed a trial mod did a helpme with kingandrew. and when I went back to sunshine, i now cannot build. so is that what the trial mod did, and again is this all legal? thanks, sorry for so many words. hopefully this will be resolved soon.

*update here is the chat evidence and im happy to email the logs off my computer. The first is the email in which he specifically accepted the extension and claimed I was NOT evicted. And 2nd, from 1/7 in which he clearly states my bone shop is acceptable and a request to change the other building on the other plot because he felt it was "strange". No deadline set, no eviction mentioned, no eyesores even posted.

email from 12/20: [14:51:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [KingAndrew95] ok so they approved the eviction but i didnt evict you

1/7/16 chat

[18:54:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [KingAndrew95 -> me] so i am ok with the one bone shop you have in sunshine coast
[18:54:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [KingAndrew95 -> me] but this other purpur one is kinda strange =P
[18:54:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> KingAndrew95] ok thanks for the heads up
[18:55:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [KingAndrew95 -> me] yea so when you get some free time maybe you can redesign. Ik you were busy withrc
[18:55:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> KingAndrew95] ok
Last edited by DarthMarXman on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Can a mod tell me if KingAndrew95 is evicting me legally

Postby KingAndrew95 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 am

In regards to your sunshine coast plots (coast_plot11 and coast_plot35), you are omitting some rather important details. Yes, after your plots were evicted by a mod on Dec 20th I contacted you and provided you an opportunity to fix your plots to a satisfactory level simply as a courtesy with no obligation to do so. When i notified you that your plots were still not at a satisfactory level, rather than improve them you took your buildings down in an attempt to sell plots. Seeing as you were already evicted and I was only doing you a favor by allowing you a chance to fix them, something I was in no way obligated to do, I then finalized the eviction as I came back to empty plots.

In regards to your artex plots, it is true i wished you had sold to me so that I could control what level of builders come into the city en masse. However, i not once said you were legally obligated to do so. Furthermore, one of the plots (artcrown1) is in a section which has mod approved rules (11/23/16 by ultra). In that area rule 6 reads "Plots can only be sold back to the artex city government".
Spav/Austin likes this post.
Owner of Artex City
Owner of Sunshine Coast City
Owner of St Andrews City
Owner and CEO of Crown Holdings Company
Official HelloMiners Player Helper

Postby DarthMarXman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:12 am

KingAndrew95 wrote:In regards to your sunshine coast plots, you are omitting some rather important details. Yes, after your plots were evicted by a mod on Dec 20th I contacted you and provided you an opportunity to fix your plots to a satisfactory level. When i notified you that your plots were still not at a satisfactory level, rather than improve them you took your buildings down in an attempt to sell plots. Seeing as you were already evicted and I was only doing you a favor by allowing you a chance to fix them, something I was in no way obligated to do, I then finalized the eviction as I came back to empty plots.

In regards to your artex plots, it is true i wished you had sold to me so that I could control what level of builders come into the city en masse. However, i not once said you were legally obligated to do so. Furthermore, one of the plots (artcrown1) is in a section which has mod approved rules (11/23/16 by ultra). In that area rule 6 reads "Plots can only be sold back to the artex city government".

you implied I was doing something wrong by not allowing you to control who purchased them. I was not informed of this rule when I purchased the 4000 plot as we made a trade for buildings while that section was still being built.

If the mods have a way to bring up the chat, they can look at it. i am not going to comment further. I made my case, I will accept the mods decision. And regardless of the outcome, this has been a huge learning lesson and I will only be purchasing plots from official government cities from now on. The principle is what is important to me, not the money. In fact, if they rule that I am forced to hand over my 4000 property to you for 20%, you can keep your money.

I play this game to relax, not to get involved with players that have questionable business practices. You may end up taking advantage of me one time, but it will never happen again and this will simply be a hard expensive lesson for a new player to learn.

I will respect the mods decisions as I find that they run a fair site, and I know that at least if I purchase government property, I know all the rules ahead of time, new ones wont be slipped in underhandedly, and something like this will not happen.

Good luck Andrew.

I

Postby KingAndrew95 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 am

You did not purchase the plot until the section had approved rules and was officially opened. The exchange we made was that you provided me with a different building and I deducted the value of that building from your purchasing price. The rules are clearly stated on a board right across from your plot.

I have not once had a poor business relationship with anyone before and that is because I conduct all my businesses fairly. I do not appreciate being defamed on the forum with baseless claims of unsavory practices. Lastly, likewise i play this to relax - therefore i do not appreciate the unnecessary situation which has been created here. My actions have proven that I have actually done everything in my power to prevent situations like this.

Have a good night and good luck with all your future endeavors, I wish you success.
Owner of Artex City
Owner of St Andrews City

Postby ~Gummybear » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 am

Well you have 7 days to sell the plot..
Current Ferron events;
  • N/A

Mayor and Co-Founder of Ferron Island. Visit the forum topic by clicking the underline.

C.E.O and Founder or MultiEco apartment chains. Currently in; [Los Santos]
[Ferron Island]

HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016

- Obtain your dream that seems so far away, and get your binoculars out and see the different paths. 2K17

Postby blueshadow2002 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 pm

If there is a rule that the owner has to approve transactions of the plot, then Andrew can do this I guess, even though it's a little unethical.

I'm a little confused though still, but I just want to point that out.

I would recommend you change the refund price though, because no one in their right mind is going to get a 80% loss or even more. I'd say if you really want them, to just buy them for the land value they paid for.
Image[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Generator
There are different ones online you know right? :P

Postby KingAndrew95 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:28 pm

~HariBear wrote:Well you have 7 days to sell the plot..

Unfortunately, he does not have a week to sell his plot - the time which I gave him to improve the plots has already expired. The purpose of me providing the courtesy extension was to be nice and not take all of his belongings - I gave him time to fix his plot and get it right, not to go behind my back and sell off his plot. Had i known that was his intention, I would have just evicted his plot Dec 20th
Owner of Artex City
Owner of St Andrews City

Postby DarthMarXman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:57 pm

KingAndrew95 wrote:

Unfortunately, he does not have a week to sell his plot - the time which I gave him to improve the plots has already expired. The purpose of me providing the courtesy extension was to be nice and not take all of his belongings - I gave him time to fix his plot and get it right, not to go behind my back and sell off his plot. Had i known that was his intention, I would have just evicted his plot Dec 20th

Mods, please note: "go behind his back and sell off his plot" <---- Does an owner of a private city get to dictate when and to who I sell my plot to? I did not agree to that when buying the plot, and there are no city rules stating it. Also, when I was granted the extension, he did not say I couldnt sell the plot. I was given an additional week to complete. Both plots were completed within a few days. Eyesore signs were removed. Heck, I was running a fully stocked chest shop out of one of them until a few days ago. So this whole time, those plots werent really mine? They were still his and he could have "taken my belongings" at any time?

This is the kind of stuff im talking about, it just doesnt seem legal. If I am wrong I apologize, but this just doesnt seem right to me. Thanks.

Postby ~Gummybear » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

KingAndrew95 wrote:

Did you screenshot it ?
Current Ferron events;
  • N/A

Mayor and Co-Founder of Ferron Island. Visit the forum topic by clicking the underline.

C.E.O and Founder or MultiEco apartment chains. Currently in; [Los Santos]
[Ferron Island]

HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016

- Obtain your dream that seems so far away, and get your binoculars out and see the different paths. 2K17

Postby Sweg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:26 pm

blueshadow2002 wrote:If there is a rule that the owner has to approve transactions of the plot, then Andrew can do this I guess, even though it's a little unethical.

I'm a little confused though still, but I just want to point that out.

I would recommend you change the refund price though, because no one in their right mind is going to get a 80% loss or even more. I'd say if you really want them, to just buy them for the land value they paid for.

Some cities are like 15
Sweg__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old IGN: JenicasSnapchat-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 100k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Owner of: Sigma Corp-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: Valencia-=-=-=-=-=

Next