Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements [COMPLAINT] People need to be more aware of DODGY messages

[COMPLAINT] People need to be more aware of DODGY messages

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

[COMPLAINT] People need to be more aware of DODGY messages

Postby Iuoae » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,
On a couple of occasions whilst being on the server, I have noticed on the public chat that some players have been asking other players for their age, and of which people do respond. These occurrences went unnoticed by moderators or other players, and no body took the proactive reaction to regulate the situation. I certainly know that the HelloMiners community isn't as calm and respectful as it ought to be. So, as a suggestion, I ask people to be aware of such occurrences in the future and to do something about it. Remember to those players who have forgotten about e-safety, DO NOT tell other people ANY personal information about yourself.

Thanks for reading this post,

Iuoae.
2 people like this post.
Iuoae - Co-mayor of Sycamore City, works for several apartment companies, real-estate agent, official HM player helper

Net worth: F98000 (98K)

SYCAMORE CITY OPENING SOON IN EASTER - The most beautiful city in HelloMiners.... Sycamore city - The city at one with nature - https://goo.gl/7pfQff

Sycamore City below:

Re: [COMPLAINT] People need to be more aware of DODGY messag

Postby Mr_Ransom » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Iuoae wrote:Hi everyone,
On a couple of occasions whilst being on the server, I have noticed on the public chat that some players have been asking other players for their age, and of which people do respond. These occurrences went unnoticed by moderators or other players, and no body took the proactive reaction to regulate the situation. I certainly know that the HelloMiners community isn't as calm and respectful as it ought to be. So, as a suggestion, I ask people to be aware of such occurrences in the future and to do something about it. Remember to those players who have forgotten about e-safety, DO NOT tell other people ANY personal information about yourself.

Thanks for reading this post,

Iuoae.

Thanks For Your Post. But If a player were to find out your age it wouldn't be to serious considering:
There are a lot of twelve year olds on this server This is the statistics of the amount of twelve year olds are on earth. : male 611,311,930/female 572,229,547 Living On Planet Earth
Thats a lot of people. An age is something that some people might not like sharing but other players are open to share it. However if a player asks for personal details EG: Where do you live. Report that straight away. If anyone has attempted to contact you outside of hellominers you may block them straight away. We have lots of tools built into the server for this one being /ignore if a player asks you for any personal details tell a moderator / Adminstrator and then just simply ignore them. :)
I hope this cleared up any issues regarding confidential information.

[Edit] Next Time You Wish To Make A Complaint Please Provide Proof EG: Logs / Screenshots.

Have A Good One! :)
3 people like this post.
Co-Owner Of Camborough City
Where Everyone Matters. Come And Visit Today! /Warp Vc After The Mon Bay Tunnel Exit!

Co-Owner Of Fresco Inc
Selling Cheap Items Since 2015! Where The Customer Is #1

Postby Iuoae » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. I hope we can make HelloMiners a safer place.
Iuoae - Co-mayor of Sycamore City, works for several apartment companies, real-estate agent, official HM player helper

Net worth: F98000 (98K)

SYCAMORE CITY OPENING SOON IN EASTER - The most beautiful city in HelloMiners.... Sycamore city - The city at one with nature - https://goo.gl/7pfQff

Sycamore City below:

Postby SenseiSoni » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah I think age is okay to share, but some things you should be weary of. Especially things like date of birth, where you live, or account usernames such as email. However fine they may seem to share, a hacker only needs to know a few things about you to hack into your accounts or find more information about you. Be careful.
DA_Panda360 likes this post.

Postby DA_Panda360 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 am

Hey,
This has brought to my attention. Asking for an age isn't as bad as asking where people live, their real names, passwords, ect, though asking for some people's ages can be harmful. If a new player is asking for personal detailes, e.g.. Age, email, name, ECT. I wouldn't give them the information. If someone 4th at u don't really know is asking for personal info, e.g.. Where u live, I might post that on the forums.
Ozone Apartments

Luxurous apartments for new players!!
Networth: F89,900

Units: Monbay, Solaris, more coming soon!
-DA_Panda360

Ozone Design

Now designing HM private city suburbs! PM DA_Panda360 if you need a design done!

Net worth: F110,000+

Postby Freshblood » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 am

For good general internet safety you shouldn't give anyone any sensitive info like your passwords, ip, address, school u attend things like that. Your age is up to u if u reveal that, but ppl often innocently ask new workers their age so its known how detailed instructions need to be. The server chat offers some protection from unwanted attention/messages because the staff can look in the logs and see what's been said by whom. Ppl should be weary of players wanting them to avoid using server chat and instead chat via other ways like skype. Im not saying don't use skype just pointing out that chatting in the server is safer, especially with ppl you've just met that are messaging you.
2 people like this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- chicken flavoured chicken.

Postby Theemy_Playz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 am

Age is ok too share as people feel safe knowing more about what they are dealing with, and who they are talking TOO.

Hope you figure this out :D
Last edited by Theemy_Playz on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby KyleDaHorse » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Tell em all you live on Antarctica. :lol:
~Kyle
    CEO and Owner of Kabeer Designs
    Owner of Dubai
    Total newb

"Should we not jump off this cliff?" - Kyle 2017
"Pfft Nah"- Jenica 2017
RIP Jenica and Kyle 2017

Postby CaptainAmerica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm

If someone asks for ur age, i dont see whats wrong, why would u tell them ur age unless ur fine with it? We at hellominers know the dangers of sharing personal information. :P

p.s: Follow me on Instagram - @OfficialNico_Photography
In-Game: Inactive
Forums: Active

Instagram: @officialnico_photography
@officialnico_quotes