Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements Quests

Quests

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Quests

Postby CommandoBeta » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:57 pm

As of today, the feature of quests has been added to the server.

»Quests are storylines that players can follow, which will take them through a range of activities. Quests are designed so that every player can do them, and no staff are involved in the progress. They are not to be confused with Minigames, like the Evil House minigame, which not everyone can do.

»New quests will be added to the server regularly. Every Quest will have its own storyline with its own challenges and rewards.

»A Quest HQ is currently being constructed, which will display information about quests. It will also allow players to view information and updates about quests.

»Quest guidelines
Quests rely heavily on redstone, and therefore there are certain things that have to be taken into consideration when doing a quest.
  • If there is a possibility to 'interact' with redstone, through for instance a button or a lever, and there is a golden pressure plate near, be sure to stand on the pressure plate while interacting. This will make sure that the action is attributed to you, and not to someone else who is near.
  • Always make sure you are alone in a room in quests. The redstone may pick up the wrong person, which may cause irreparable damage to your quest progress; the only option may be to reset your quest entirely.
  • Give the redstone time to do its work. Especially with a low TPS, it may take several seconds for a redstone signal to do its job. When standing on a pressure plate, do not move away at once, but give it a few seconds.
  • Do the quest in the right order! Just because your friend told you where the final stage of the quest is, doesn't mean that you can go there can skip the rest of the quest. If you try to skip a part of the quest, it will not accept you. You have to start at the beginning and work your way through the story.
If these guidelines are followed, doing a quest should be a fun and challenging experience! Good luck, and have fun.

»Quest name | Difficulty | Duration | Quest Status
Factory Fever, normal, short, permanent.
2014 Christmas Quest, normal, long, only accessible during December 2014.
Unknown Island Quest, hard, short, acquire Unknown Ticket to activate quest.
2016 Christmas Quest, normal, long, only accessible during December 2016

»Upcoming quests:
-Dragon Slayer
8 people like this post.

Re: Quests

Postby ~Ben » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Looks cool, kinda like Runescape. I used to always play it :D

Postby SamanthaWolf11 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Will there be /warps to get to the various quests?

Postby CommandoBeta » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm

SamanthaWolf11 wrote:Will there be /warps to get to the various quests?

No, each quest has it's own starting location. Some quests, like the Factory Fever quest, have ways of 'luring' people to these starting locations throughout the world.
2 people like this post.

Postby bmbrownie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 pm

It'd be neat if players could design quests.
Danielw_ likes this post.

Postby SamanthaWolf11 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:49 pm

CommandoBeta wrote:
SamanthaWolf11 wrote:Will there be /warps to get to the various quests?

No, each quest has it's own starting location. Some quests, like the Factory Fever quest, have ways of 'luring' people to these starting locations throughout the world.

Oh Cool!

Postby ~Moonie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Niceeeeeeeeeee
NubtasticMoonie on Minecraft!

Postby ViHQ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:13 am

I don't want to be that one guy, but I'm gonna be that one guy. I've seen so many servers, that have added these little quests into their daily activities. I've only stayed on one of the servers that added this feature, and it was not that popular, people rarely did them. I don't understand what aspect the server is going for when they add this. Did we need this? Are we looking to be more unique? What's different in these quests, than all the other endless ones? I just would like to know. I'm not against them, I honestly think that people (if they enjoy them, that is) will just be playing them, instead of the normal server. Could you answer some of these questions, Beta?
"You know half the fun of owning a company? Getting people to do it for you." -ViHQ 11:06 9/27/15

Postby KingHrothgar » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:23 am

ViHQ wrote:I don't want to be that one guy, but I'm gonna be that one guy. I've seen so many servers, that have added these little quests into their daily activities. I've only stayed on one of the servers that added this feature, and it was not that popular, people rarely did them. I don't understand what aspect the server is going for when they add this. Did we need this? Are we looking to be more unique? What's different in these quests, than all the other endless ones? I just would like to know. I'm not against them, I honestly think that people (if they enjoy them, that is) will just be playing them, instead of the normal server. Could you answer some of these questions, Beta?

? Sorry - I think it rocks. I've been on the server now for... 2 yrs? I love the quests and special things the staff do for us like this. Well done!! They put creativity and unique fun into each one.
3 people like this post.
“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Postby Tigerhunter564 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:04 am

They rarely do quest so we are fine
Hello I just found this out XD
~7/29/15 7:11 PM

Next