Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements Emergency Warp


Emergency Warp

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby Yootay » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:28 am

Excellent idea CommandoBeta!

From what I understand of the last failure we had on the server this will address the case where the overworld worldguard fails quite nicely.

Are you planning to have different warps for the nether and the end? Because it seems the worldguard failures only occur one world at the time so far. Or is a failure in the nether or end unlikely to happen on its own? I mean if the nether worldguard fails and the overworld one hasn't we would be unable to reach the button.

Now lets just hope when it occurs they are players on the server other than just griefers!
5 people like this post.
ImageImage

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby SucceededKiller » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:02 pm

airlineguy62 wrote:I think this should be tested


What, exactly, would you like to test?

Breaking in? Go ahead. If you find a way then let us know.
If it shuts down the server? It does, I tested it when I made it.

Yootay wrote:Excellent idea CommandoBeta!

From what I understand of the last failure we had on the server this will address the case where the overworld worldguard fails quite nicely.

Are you planning to have different warps for the nether and the end? Because it seems the worldguard failures only occur one world at the time so far. Or is a failure in the nether or end unlikely to happen on its own? I mean if the nether worldguard fails and the overworld one hasn't we would be unable to reach the button.

Now lets just hope when it occurs they are players on the server other than just griefers!


Currently, only the overworld seems to get affected for some reason. If that changes, it will be easy to just copy everything across.
2 people like this post.
"Alla vill till himmelen men ingen vill dö" - Everyone wants to go to heaven but no-one wants to die.
"I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fighting 'til the war's won,I don't care if heaven won't take me back."
"Some, some die young. But you better hold on. so many things I need to say to you. Please don't, don't let me go. And we said we would die together."
Image

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby Darkking43 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:46 pm

SucceededKiller wrote:
airlineguy62 wrote:I think this should be tested


What, exactly, would you like to test?

Breaking in? Go ahead. If you find a way then let us know.
If it shuts down the server? It does, I tested it when I made it

Challenge accepted

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby Airline » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:54 pm

I just mean that with these events becoming more frequent it would have been good to hear that it worked successfully so it isn't untested.
Image Image

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby Dogfighter » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Maybe instead, we could have a button that a moderator has to push every 108 minutes, or the server will shut down.
My favorite quotes are the ones with "".

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby IndianaJones » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Dogfighter wrote:Maybe instead, we could have a button that a moderator has to push every 108 minutes, or the server will shut down.


*Cough* 0:00 to 01:48 *Cough*
Image

In-Game Name: indianajones7967.
Trial-Moderator: HelloMiners Staff
C.E.O.: I-T Inc.
Government Introduction Manager
City Admin: Sunset Springs
City Architect: Aurora
HelloClan City Franchise: HelloGeneral

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby Darkking43 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 am

Btw u guys should do a nether warp aswell incase the nether regions fail.

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby marshy_88 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:23 pm

Oh, so its not supposed to lag out the server...

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby CommandoBeta » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:27 pm

marshy_88 wrote:Oh, so its not supposed to lag out the server...


Nor should it, as it has no features that should cause any substantial lag.
2 people like this post.
Image

Re: Emergency Warp

Postby Marc » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:38 am

Darkking43 wrote:Btw u guys should do a nether warp aswell incase the nether regions fail.


Why do we need one in the nether? If the regions crash we simply go to the /warp emergency, press the button and the whole server shuts down. No need for a emergency stop button in every dimension.
~Ben likes this post.
Admin marc050301

“This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours"

- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson - Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Standing up in the Milky Way

PreviousNext